My Fender Squier Bullet Stratocaster review. If you are just a beginner guitar player and you need a full sized electric guitar, this guitar is the right choice.
What is a Fender Squier Bullet Stratocaster?
The Bullet is the lowest end of the Squier Series Stratocasters. It does not carry the Fender Logo, but Fender manufactures this guitar in their factories in China or Indonesia. It is patterned to look like the more expensive Fender Standard Stratocaster which is made in Mexico which costs more than double of the price of this guitar. This guitar is designed as a beginner guitar. It may not be comparable to a real Fender, but for because of its price and quality, this is the best electric guitar for a beginner.
You can get this guitar for $150 new and for that price, you can only get a copy Stratocaster from another company with a lesser quality.
This guitar is patterned after the Fender Standard Stratocaster which is made in Mexico. This guitar looks the same as the more expensive Mexican model, although the Bullet Stratocaster does not carry the Fender logo. It is only noted as by Fender on the headstock, meaning this guitar is manufactured the Fender factories in Indonesia or China. This guitars features are as follows;
- It has 21 frets
- It has one volume knob
- It has two tone knobs
- It has a five-way pickup selector switch (neck pickup, neck + middle pickup, middle pickup, middle+neck pickups, neck pickup)
- It has three single coil pickups
- The body is a little thinner than the Mexican model
- The Body is made of Agathis instead of the standard Alder common to Fender guitars.
- A choice of Rosewood or Maple fretboard
- The neck is made of Maple
- The Bridge is a Six Screw Tremolo Bridge
- Saddles are made of cast metal finished in chrome ( unlike the bent steel saddles of the Mexican Fenders)
- Great as a beginner guitar
- Affordable price.
- Parts are readily available, and you will not have compatibility issues, unlike the other Stratocaster copies where the Fender parts will not fit. We all know that the Fender Stratocaster is the most copied guitar in the world, so a lot of cheap aftermarket parts are manufactured for this guitar. Having said that, you will benefit the fact that you own a Squier guitar that can fit a lot of cheap aftermarket parts intended for a Fender.
- Not recommended for modifications and upgrades
- The body is thinner compared to Fender Stratocasters
- The Agathis body instead of Alder (the standard body of Fender guitars)
The Bullet Stratocaster is an excellent beginner guitar as it is the cheapest among the Stratocaster made by Fender. I would recommend this than the cheap Stratocaster copies made by other manufacturers.
I would not recommend installing an $80 pickup to modify this guitar. It is not worth it, but as a beginner guitar, this is a very good choice.
Feel free to ask any question, post comments or subscribe to my email list to be the first to get the updates and offers.