After long years of guitar playing and doing guitar modifications, I have been asked so many times what qualifies as the best electric guitar. Let’s forget about brands because the manufacturers themselves cannot provide us the best electric guitar.
To qualify as the best electric guitar, an electric guitar should have this specification:
- Bolt on maple neck with Ebony fretboard
- Stainless Steel Frets (Musicman)
- Solid Basswood body with maple top and mahogany tone block ( Musicman)
- Dual DiMarzio Humbuckers split coiled.
- Equipped with Fernandes Sustainer (Steve Vai Jem, Neil Schon Gibson Les Paul, The Edge Fernandes Guitar)
- Equipped with Graphtech Ghost Saddles for Acoustic Tone.
- Fu-Tone Bridge With Titanium tone block with Tremolo Stabilizer
- Top notch electronics.
So this is the specifications of the best electric guitar. Can you buy this guitar from a store? Certainly not. You can not even order one. One guitar brand may not be affiliated with this and that guitar part so they can not install it.
So what are the options if you really like a guitar like this? Well either you buy a stock guitar and modify it or have it made by a guitar luthier and try to avoid copyright issues.
I would go for the first option. Just buy your favorite guitar and have it modified by a good guitar technician. Of course, my specifications could be very much different from yours, but this is what I think is the best specification as of this writing.
It would be best if you do the modifications yourself. Some money will be saved, and you will be very proud of your achievement. Modifying guitars are not rocket science. Common sense, a little soldering skill, and a little craftsmanship are all it is needed.
It is crucial though that you do your own research before embarking on that project. There are plenty of information you can have on the internet regarding guitar modifications. You just have to filter it out, and for sure , you can do it.